Sunday, January 3, 2010

They cant all be winners

Pretty gross session today. Started off pretty well. Made a few mistakes but nothing too costly. Was up prob around 3 BIs and was down to the last 20 or so games of my session. I then proceeded to lose 11 straight games. I did but bad beat in some of them, but a lot of it was shoving bvb and the other guy calling me with a hand that dominated. I tilted a little bit after the first half dozen or so, but I dont think I played too poorly after that. Maybe pushed a few times when I didn't need to. This was the longest session I've played in a while so I felt a little overstressed near the end. I managed to win the last couple and only ended up down 6 BIs.

Losing that many in a row is such a strange sensation. The first two are easy to ignore, but when you get up to losing 8 and 9 in a row, you start feeling pretty suck. The expression of being "stuck" is such a good one because you feel like you've been stabbed in the gut and it opens you up and makes you leak chips. Strangely enough, around 10 or 11 I reached the point where getting bad beat didn't surprise or faze me and I just wanted the session to be over.

I'm still getting on track with my nutrition and exercise so hopefully as that starts to come around, I'll get better at handling the long sessions and beats. I have the next two days scheduled off, but I think I might play a little on cake to try and clear the bonus I have on their and might mix in a few MTTs on stars.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty accurate feeling on the losing sessions at these. I can handle the first few, at the 6th or so, it gets under my skin, after 10-11, you're not fazed anymore, you just want to be done. GL, i play with you most every day :)

    ReplyDelete