Thursday, January 7, 2010

Out of the gates slow

Since my moderate success the first couple days, I've haven't had a winning session. Most have been break even with a couple of losing ones. My play is ok but I seem to be having trouble finding a balance between letting myself get too short and forcing the issue when I'm still safe. Some of it is lack of concentration because right as I click the fold key, I realize that this is a spot I should have shoved. One of the drawbacks on TN is that being able to execute a decision in a tenth of a second instead of the few seconds it takes to move a mouse and do it means less time to think about the decision.

In the days I didnt have scheduled I played some 5s. I've noticed I need to be a lot tighter in those with my shoves because the average player doesnt realize how dumb it is to call a shove light. I'm hoping to get about 1k 10.8s in between now and Sun. I've been slacking a little on my pace and the weekends are always juicy and will be a good time to catch up.

Luckily I have done really well in the FPP sats. I've cashed in 8 of the 9 I've played when 33% is break even. I've come to realize that my FPPs and stellar bonuses are going to be a major part of my income and I need to not stress out as much about prolonged break even tournament stretches. I've also done really well on Cake the last week clearing up the last of my deposit bonuses. I think I might go clear a dep bonus on Tilt the next few weeks.

4 comments:

  1. I think the games have changed quite a bit recently, especially at certain days/times. People caught on to the fact that players shove light so a lot of people will call light, not just the fish that don't know what a good hand is.

    My plan is probably going to be to play fewer tables at a time but work up through the levels. I've started over from scratch with a new small bankroll and have been tracking my results in a spreadsheet and going over HH's from my older games and current games to see how I can improve. I have some posts and a chart on my poker blog tracking my running bankroll in these games. It's moving in the right direction again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm considering switching to the 9 mans becuase it's getting really gross. About the only time it seems profitable to play is fri and sat night. You're right about people calling extremely light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tried a Pot Limit Omaha DoN...pretty good reminded me of the way DoN's use to be. Because its omaha alot of people arent as skilled and they keep getting their chips in early in tournaments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've thought about trying those Tom. Do they have enough traffic so you could 20+ table them?

    ReplyDelete