Sunday, March 21, 2010

Getting used to the WIZ




This week was really streaky. As you can see by my graph, not only was my profit up and down, but also was my redline. Until this week, my redline had remained steadily positve despite the ups and downs of my greenline. I don't know if the change in my redline this week was just the natural variance that is inherent in super turbos, or if the new shoving and calling ranges that wiz is saying is profitable are actually not as profitable. Wiz is telling me to shove almost any two cards in bvb situations at the 15/30 lvl. I'm starting to think that while shoving these hands may be more profitable than folding them, limping and playing postflop might be more profitable than either. Once I get a bigger sample of hands saved in HEM, I'm going to see exactly what range of hands opponents are calling with in that situation and adjust my shoving ranges accordingly.

I won the most profit bet against the dude I was competeting against; kind of. With one day left I was ahead about $180 to -$60. Dude then emails me saying a freak accident caused his monitor to break and he asked if he could have any extra day in the future to finish it. I told him he could but I see hes played another 20 games since then and has logged on to 2+2 but hasnt told me when he is gonna play his last day. It's starting to look like he knew he was gonna lose and is just trying to get out of paying me the 50 bucks he will/does owe me. Whatever, I guess thats what I get for not escrowing this bet vs a dude with only 12 posts. Knowing that the rep his FT sn will be on every forum and stat tracking site is worth 50 bucks to me. BTW, his tilt sn is darkai il and his 2+2 sn is darkAI.

I only put in 20 hours last week. St Patricks day and the beginning of the NCAA tournament and my brothers coming into town, along with my general laziness, is prob the reason for that. My hourly was also pretty shitty but luckily I invested in a couple guys who did really well in some sets of 45mans which added an extra 70bucks to my weekly profit. Hopefully I can put in 30 hours this week and another 5 reviewing my games in HEM and WIZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment