Friday, April 23, 2010

A reminder to never whine about variance again.



This is my graph from the last 6.5 hours. I just wanted to have a photo record of this so next time I'm running like shit, I can look at it and remember that it goes both ways. I obviously ran way over EV, but it's also interesting to see that during a hot streak, my redline hourly is more than twice than my average. Guess that goes to show that lucky streaks arent made by just doing well in allin situations, but also getting good starting hands.

I still only have about 1k of the 5.30s under my belt, but Im really thinking that my hourly from them is gonna be better than it was from the 7.50s. They seem to have the softness of the old 3.80 except with a bigger buyin and the same rake. I kinda want to give the 10s a shot, but they seem really regged up and if I can pull $16/hour from the 5s, why move up.

1 comment:

  1. Makes a lot of sense, if you can pull some good cash equity out of the current game. No sense in moving to the next challenge until you dominate this level. Im playing much better recently, and you are right about starting hands. I have people dominated in all in situations recently, and it shows up in the results. Nice work hope you finish the month strong

    ReplyDelete